Mag. Krista A. Rothschild
The year 2020 marks 20 years of experience as a psychologist for Mag. Krista Rothschild – 20 years of diagnosing, treating, teaching and researching. It also marked the 10th anniversary of her private practice, PsychAccess® – Mag. Krista Rothschild. Just weeks before the turn of this eventful year, Mag. Rothschild was awarded Austrian dual citizenship for her work and service to the Republic of Austria and its international community.
Just prior to opening PsychAccess® (in 2010), Mag. Rothschild co-founded the Psychological Testing Services at Webster Vienna Private University, with Dr. Thomas Oberlechner. She has taught at Webster since 2001. In addition to her work as a faculty member and Disability & Accommodations Coordinator, she organized several events. Mag. Rothschild brought colleagues from The Psychometric Centre (University of Cambridge) to Webster Vienna Private University in 2012 and 2015 for two successful professional workshops on modern test theory: Item Response Theory and Computerized Adaptive Testing. She also initiated the WePsYC Award (Webster Psychology Youth Conference Award) for high school students who complete their IB extended essay or Vorwissenschaftliche Arbeit in the area of psychology. The event is in cooperation with the Young Science, Zentrum für die Zusammenarbeit von Wissenschaft und Schule (a project of the Austrian Ministry for Education, Science and Research). See for example: http://webster.ac.at/article/wepsyc-award-2020-webster-psychology-youth-conference or https://youngscience.at/de/veranstaltungen/detail/2019/10/04/we-psyc-jugendkonferenz-2019/
Furthermore, Mag. Rothschild organized and also presented at Webster’s “Psychology Careers Unveiled!” events (sponsored by SpringerWienNewYork, Maudrich, Schuhfried, PLAST (Plattform StudentInnen, BÖP) and Berufsverband Österreichischer PsychologInnen (BÖP, Professional Association of Austrian Psychologists)). From 2011-2013, Mag. Rothschild penned a column, “Psychology in Vienna” (The Vienna Review). She was involved in diverse research projects in the Cardiology Department of Hanusch Hospital and had minor collaborations with the Research Team: Clinical Psychology, University of Vienna.
However, by 2016, PsychAccess® was well established in the international community, requiring more of her time. Mag. Rothschild regularly welcomed clients from Eastern Europe, the Balkan States, Russia, Asia and Africa. She resigned her Faculty and Disability & Accommodations Coordinator positions at Webster Vienna Private University. Mag. Rothschild then worked parallel as an Adjunct Professor at Webster University and Sigmund Freud University (SFU), plus continued at her private practice. In 2018, Mag. Krista Rothschild completed the newly regulated Post-Clinical Specialization in Child, Youth & Family Psychology. She ended her teaching at SFU to devote full-time to her private practice in order to meet the rising demand for assessments, including now Autism Spectrum Disorder assessments for children and adults. Mag. Krista Rothschild currently splits her time between her private practice, her MA students and her family, which includes two children.
Mag. Rothschild was born and raised in Portland, Oregon. As a teenager and college student, she volunteered in various youth groups and worked in daycare centers. In 1993, she received her B.A. in Psychology at Southern Oregon State College (now Southern Oregon University). Her senior year she was the Student Body Vice President and graduated Cum Laude, in addition to receiving other honors and awards:
- Omicron Delta Kappa, National Honor Society for Leadership, 1993
- Who’s Who in American Colleges and Universities, 1993
- Churchill Scholar Honors Program, 1992 – 1993
- Psi Chi, International Honor Society for Psychology, 1992
- Oregon Laurels Scholarship, 1992
During her exchange year in 1994, she fell in love with Austria and with her neighbor. Mag. Rothschild was able to stay in Vienna and attend graduate school at the University of Vienna. She received her Austrian degree “Magister der Naturwissenschaften” (Magister in Natural Sciences) in Psychology in 2000. Her thesis focused on chronic and acute back pain patients and how they deal with stressors: “Salutogenesis and Back Pain: Sense of Coherence as an Influential Factor for Recovery.” Her Diploma Examination covered Clinical Psychology and Health Psychology, as well as, Psychometrics (Test Theory) and Diagnostics (Assessments). In 2002, she completed the post-graduate licensing as a Clinical Psychologist and Health Psychologist.
- Yearly Continued Education (approx. 40 hour/year) for the licensing with the Austrian Ministry of Health and the EuroPsy
- Post-Clinical Specialization in Child, Youth & Family Psychology (2012-2018), Professional Association of Austrian Psychologist (Berufsverband Österreichischer PsychologInnen)
- Training as a Course Leader for the Marburger Pain Coping Program (2004), Professional Association of German Psychologists (Berufsverband Deutscher Psychologinnen und Psychologen)
- Post-Graduate Training for Clinical Psychology and Health Psychology (2000-2002), Professional Association of Austrian Psychologist (Berufsverband Österreichischer PsychologInnen)
- Austrian ‘Magister’ of Natural Science in Psychology (2000), University of Vienna
- B.A. in Psychology (1993), Cum Laude, Southern Oregon State College (now Southern Oregon University), USA
- Hanusch Hospital, Psychosomatic Advice Center (Psychosomatische Beratungsstelle), 2nd Medical Department (Cardiology), with adults (2001-2003).
- Institute for Applied Psychology and Consultation (Institut für Angewandte Psychologie und Beratung), with children and young adults (1998).
- Department of Clinical Psychological Diagnostic, University Clinic for Psychiatry, General Hospital Vienna (AKH Wien), with adults and young adults (1996).
- American Psychological Association, International Member, since 2017, plus:
- Society of Clinical Psychology, Division 12
- Society of Health Psychology, Division 38
- Educational Psychology, Division 15
- Society for the Teaching of Psychology, Division 2
- Psychometic Society, since 2010
- Work Group of Cardiopsychologists, Subdivision of Clinical and Health Psychology at the Professional Association of Austrian Psychologists (Berufsverband Österreichischer PsychologInnen), since 2008
- Professional Association of German Psychologists (Berufsverband Deutscher Psychologen), 2004-2007
- Professional Association of Austrian Psychologists (Berufsverband Österreichischer PsychologInnen), since 2000
- Omicron Delta Kappa, National Honor Society for Leadership, since 1993
- Southern Oregon State College Honors Club, 1992 – 1993
- Psi Chi, International Honor Society for Psychology, since 1992
Courses taught at Webster Vienna Private University since 2001:
- Assessment (MA Program)
- Advanced Developmental Psychology (MA Program)
- Practice and Supervision (MA Program)
- Cognitive Psychology
- Tests and Measurements
- Test Development and Item Response Theory (in cooperation with Iva Cek, M.Phil., University of Cambridge, The Psychometric Centre)
- Advanced Psychology Lab (BA Thesis)
- Introduction to Statistics
- Health Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Sport & Exercise Psychology
- Research Methods
Courses taught at Sigmund Freud University (2017-2018):
- Health Psychology for medical students, SFU Med
- Health Psychology (MA Program)
- Assessment/Diagnostics (MA Program)